View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 07:07 AM   #336
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
Worst Idol night ever, probably in honor of Freedom Day. These scores are inflated, if anything. The girls had better be good.

1. Chris Richardson. Took some chances, got off a couple of riffs, hate the Timberlake look. Score of 82.

2. Blake Lewis. Knows how to perform. The top two were the only two worth listening to tonight. Score of 80.

3. Chris Sligh. Not taking this competition very seriously. The song stunk, he didn't. Maybe that's a strategy. Score of 67.

4. Phil Stacy. Not much to say that the judges didn't already say. Started in 30s territory, finished in 80s territory. Score of 66.

5. Brandon Rogers. Completely mediocre, but likeable. Score of 65.

6. Nick Pedro. I think he can sing. I'm not sure I care. Just dreadful that this is in the top half. Score of 58.

7. Jared Cotter. Yo, Yo, Mr. Kot-ter. I, like, know your show was on in the '70s, and it was kind of cool, but it's like not half as funny in reruns. Score of 55.

8. Sanjaya Malakar. His smile scares me. He has killed before. But little girls and elderly virginal women just love him. Score of 52.

9. A.J. Tabaldo. I had a real disconnect with the judges on this one. It was a rambling, uneven imitation of something decent. Score of 50.

10. Rudy Cardenas. Pure, unadulterated, off-key karaoke. Score of 48.

11. Paul Kim. His feet are more interesting than his voice. Score of 42.

12. Jason Head. Affected, toneless and excruciating. Time to quit coasting on the one audition song you can sing. Score of 33.

Who should go: Barefoot and the Sundance Kid.

Who will go: Tabaldo and Cotter.

Agreed for the most part. This might be the worst group of men on Idol ever. There's not one among them who I can honestly say is good enough to win the whole thing. I like Sligh for his personality, but you're not going to go anywhere when you basically just repeat yourself in the same song.

Head's one of those guys who's got the talent, but I think he got some pretty bad advice. The men were so bad, I lost interest in the last three.

However, I do think the judges were pretty much spot-on last night.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote