View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 11:55 AM   #166
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I really liked Covington. I am not a big-city/big-firm guy it turns out, but they were very, very professional. I would recommend them to anyone who knows that they could be happy at a big firm.

That said, the NFL aspect to it is very overrated. That work is, as you would expect, very hard to get. And the vast majority of it has very little to do with football. Helping the Denver Broncos with financing and land use issues with their new stadium isn't really that much different (from the lawyer's perspective) than doing a big real estate deal for any large corporate client.

The "watching Derrick Thomas play" assignment was notable in part because it was so rare.

Yeah. I could imagine that. Most of the NFL work would likely be quite dull. I would also imagine that the NFL could be a difficult client because, well, they're the NFL. At least that's the approach they seem to take in many other avenues of their business.

That's good to know about Covington. My big DC firm days are well behind me at this point, though the recent pay raises are really, really tempting.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote