View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 09:34 AM   #60
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd View Post
Yes, some of his play can be attributable to a poor QB, but to me, that is not an excuse. IMHO, to be considered a great WR, you should be able to perform no matter who is throwing to you. Culpepper isn't that great of a QB, and Moss does do well when he wants to play. Its just the risk factor of giving up alot for him and then he takes himself out of the game? Thats just ridiculous. You are paid to play the game 100%, there really isn't a "Play if you feel like it" clause in the contract.

That is my major issue with Moss. He has the talent, don't get me wrong, I just think that because he has no heart, it lowers his quality as a receiver.

Being near this area, Art Monk was a great receiver. Always put up consistent numbers no matter who the QB was. I'm not saying Randy Moss=Art Monk, but if Randy Moss wants to be considered one of the all time greats and be paid like one of them, he sets the bar high on himself and should play like that regardless of his teams status or QB.

Monk never had terrible QB's (ok, maybe Shroeder). Show me another stud WR who put up stud numbers with guys the likes of Aaron Brooks and Andrew Walter - I dare you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote