View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 07:40 AM   #165
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
And what was with the Kellie Pickler-look alike with the cringeworthy family story? Holy crap I was praying she couldn't sing because that's just not something I want to hear more about - or at least, I feel bad for her that she's going to be bringing that baggage to the show. For those that missed it, this chick - who could have pulled the 'calamari' thing off if Pickles hadn't done it first - is from North Carolina (check), lives with a grandparent (check), and has a father with some 'issues' (check). In this case, instead of a father in jail like Pickles had, this chick's dad is paralyzed and lives at home with her and her grandmother. So Randy had to ask what the story was, and it turns out that he's paralyzed because he shot himself in the throat in an attempted murder-suicide in which he shot his wife (the contestant's step-mom) when he found her in bed with another man. Heartwarming, ain't it?

But as she said, "It's OK." :o
I nearly shot myself in the throat after that segment. I don't even have a gun. I was going to go out and buy a gun and three bullets, just in case my wife and the cat wanted in on the action, too. THEN I was going to shoot myself in the throat.