View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 01:45 PM   #119
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf View Post
So what you are saying is that Bush Baby Boy is famous.

Is that the one who sorta looked like a tall version of the caveman from the Geico commericals?

With all the hand-wringing today about how "cruel" last night's episode was, I think it's interesting to note how successful it was. And it's not like there wasn't some pretty serious promotion of what it was going to be like. I don't believe I've watched five minutes of all the AI episodes from every season combined, at least not unless you count the clips that make the news shows & such. It's just not the least bit interesting to me outside of the pop culture phenomenon aspect of it, and I can follow that just fine without enduring all the crappy pop music.

And yet I knew what last night's show was going to be about, Fox did a fantastic job of promoting the freak show aspect of it well in advance. The only people who should have been surprised by any of it were those who had been in comas or otherwise incommunicado for at least a couple of weeks.
And yet more people, far more people (5 million more than last year, +18%) tuned in. It speaks volumes about what the strongest aspect of the show is, and why Simon might just be one of the strongest characters ever in TV.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 01-18-2007 at 01:47 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is online now   Reply With Quote