View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 09:42 AM   #90
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Is anyone else noticing a disturbing tendency in the types of people being exploited this year? I'm all for making fun of people who willingly put themselves on national TV to compete on a show for which they have no traceable talent, but I also see a difference between exploiting someone who is clueless AND obviously not a well-adjusted individual in our society, and making an embarrassing example out of someone who is clueless AND out of touch with reality about their talent only (but otherwise appears to be able to function in society without getting stares). Last night was a prime example of a Maury Povich-llike tendency to harp on the freaks - Fatty and Monkey Boy, the President of the Future Serial Killers of America, Big Red, the ugliest mom/daughter combo in America, etc. All of these were societal fringe types for whom I almost began to feel sorry (especially the fat kid).

The monkey boy thing was too much - that's the first time I ever felt that like watching this show. And after I realized that, ya, I agree with you that the whole show became a little uncomfortable.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote