View Single Post
Old 01-17-2007, 08:31 AM   #44
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Did anyone else think they showed less of the purposefully bad last night? I think a few of them were acts (such as the Urban Amish guy or whatever he was calling himself) but it seemed like more people who really thought they had a chance but just sucked.

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised, although I would have liked more emphasis on the successful ones. I guess that comes during Hollywood Week, though. And I'm sure that I'll get sick of most of them early on, so maybe it's a good thing I don't see too much of them right now.

The Amish guy was clearly an actor, but I enjoyed the clueless people, especially the last couple. The AI Biggest Fan and the dork who juggled while doing some sort of singing...those two were real. I blame their family and friends for not giving them a dose of reality - it's one thing to encourage a loved one to take chances, reach for the stars, etc., but it's another to sit there idly (no pun intended) while they make a fool of themselves on national TV and are so unprepared for a negative reaction that they get angry, indignant, or are just in a state of disbelief. I guess there's a fine line between being supportive and being a realist, and these people missed the boat by a wide margin.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote