Old 01-13-2007, 06:29 AM   #28
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
For example?
Sign and release, for one.

Quote:
The new database structure was not really a new feature, it was a neccessary re-design. The ability to have several leagues is basically just a side-effect of that re-design.
Thats fine, but I'm talking about people's perception, not necessarily the reality of the situation. You said you were confused as to why people were upset about it. I explained why. We're not programmers. We don't get a new game and say, "Hmmmmm....this must be a side-effect of the new database design." No, we say, "Hmmmm....he added the ability to have leagues all over the planet, but AI teams are still signing guys and releasing them a week later. He must be interested in added new features than fixing core issues." In the internet age in particular, where people can come online and discuss, people's perception IS their reality.

Quote:
Um, no. I was the only one who decided which direction the game will go and what features would be added. And OOTP 2006 was a step in the right direction. A difficult one, but it'll pay off in the long run.
Again, I'm not suggesting that is what happened. I'm saying that it FELT like something like that happened. Remember, I'm just trying to explain why people responded negatively to the extra leagues.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 01-13-2007 at 06:32 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote