Thread: OOTP 2007?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2007, 09:13 AM   #8
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
In some recent thread Markus was listing all the things that would be better for this year's release. No timetable was announced though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Since my enjoyment of FOF2K7 has rekindled my interest in text sims, I'm really hoping there is a baseball game released this year that is worth getting immersed in. I enjoyed previous versions of OOTP (especially the version 2 years ago), but didn't get last year's. PureSim seems to be coming along, but it has never hooked me for some reason. BBM might be worth looking at again, but I haven't enjoyed that game since the 1999 version.

I hope someone steps up with a really solid product this year.

JPhillips,

That was exactly the type of info I was looking for . What was being added and improved. Shockingly, their site has no info on the new version features or anything.

KSyrup,

I agree OOTP 6.5 was probably the best baseball career sim . I have got the last couple of puresims mostly cuz I think Shaun is a real decent guy, but his game really is geared towards historical replay and what if scenario stuff. It is not at all set up to play a fictional league or current season all that well.IMHO.
BM has really come along and it might be a real contender for the GM type gameplay I am looking for. I would probably play a seball game like alot of people play FOF simming through games using the AI coaches strategies and focusing on building a dynasty thru free agency, trades and drafting. I haven't really find a game that handles this well except for OOTP 6/6.5 which did the best.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote