View Single Post
Old 05-19-2003, 08:48 AM   #162
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

After some creative road blocks, I am back...(hopefully)

A light through THE FOG

Fairly good weather for football had drawn a crowd of 11307 to Fighting Crawfish Arena. Fighting had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Holt - Gorostarzu, de Oliveira, Simic - Uddstad, Danielsson, Kline, Woodson, Rossi - Rannem , Darden.

THE had chosen a strategic 4-3-3 formation. They fielded: Adde - Tacchi, Malcolm, Bland, Sundstrøm - Numbers, Hennen, Ohlsjö - Barton, Jiménez, Parker.

2 minutes into the game a free kick combination hooked into the box almost resulted in the home team taking the lead, but he was getting head at the time causing the shot to go wide. The cheerleader felt bad. Fighting's Ivar "Why can't my name be Ivan" Rannem scored 1 - 0 by shooting accurately and hard from a long distance, leaving the opponent goalie no other option than to pick up the ball from the net and pick a Crawfish from his sack. The referee showed Fightings "I am a big mean fire breathing" Dragan Simic a rash on his sack and he responded by putting a Crawfish on it! He was given a yellow card after that. The THE player was Bryan Hennen who had to be helped off the pitch, unable to finish the game after fear his sack would be next. In the games 25:th minute Fighting´s Christian Rossi fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Christian Rossi for taking a dive. With 32 minutes played Norbert Darden could have brought this one home for Fighting, had his hooked ball gone in, but he was just a bit too high for the game. The referee showed THEs Börje Ohlsjö the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge with a three legged donkey resulting in some interspecies loving. Halftime score was 1 - 0. Fighting held the ball, with a clear 78 percent possession rate.

Fighting put their lead ahead another goal as Lars-Olof "Chris Gaines" Uddstad struck home the 2 - 0 goal, after an attack from the left setting him up unmarked with the keeper. Fighting held the ball, with a clear 84 percent possession rate.

Fighting´s best player was Tommy Holt. However, Norbert Darden made a disastrous appearance. Most important THE player was Ola Adde. Börje Ohlsjö was a disappointment, however. The match ends 2 - 0.

Overview

They run a 4-3-3 and get great attack and defensive ratings, but their midfield is usually disasterous. I play them again next week followed by The Orcs and FC Cheescake which are currently the two teams ranked above me. I can beat the Orcs normal, tied them last game, and I will MOTS the Cheesecake and pray I score on them.

We got a decent Youth Pull this week, his 18 and inad at defense and passable at winger. I may try to sell him or a current player, I haven't decided yet.

Rumors of Rumors

The Afoci was seen visible intoxicated after last nights game and rumor has it he brought some fine young ladies down to his secret hide out for some hot action...Stay tuned to see what he learned from the mack daddy of those who don't have to shave it yet, Hornsmaniac_2.