View Single Post
Old 11-16-2006, 09:11 PM   #511
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I've actually been reasonably pleased (although that's helped by knowing a lot of what's left to come)

Rhino & Cage was PPV main event quality (Lord knows I've paid $30 for a lot worse).

On the downside, the Paparazzi skits have been well below par. Bad time for the creative well to run dry for that gimmick. I thought Johnny Devine looked comic book era ridiculous & I'm not overjoyed at the thoughts of yet another rendition of The Flock. No need to rehash my feelings about the LAX angle.

Upsides though, the introductory style promos have been good or better. The X-Division one (running while I type) is damned good.

And yeah, I'm a little ... disturbed ... by the appearance of another MLB star on TNA. It's cute & all, and I guess adds some sort of cachet for the non-wrestling fan that might be watching but it's a heck of a thing to spend precious primetime minutes on.