View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 05:33 PM   #1827
lynchjm24
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
OK, let me comment:
A) Agreed, it could have been better. That being said, the one in OOTP 2007 is way better, more easy to use and more fun.
B) Trading was the one part in OOTP 2006 I personally liked the least. That's why it was completely rewritten and in OOTP 2007 it's better than ever. More details once the new year begins
C) The ability to have ghost players (incomplete minors) returns in OOTP 2007 as an option.
D) Disagree here, I think it did a good job apart from the occasional hickup, which were very very rare in version 1.0.3. Anyway, the AI will be improved in OOTP 2007, the stats % modifiers will return.
E) Since OOTP 6 only had three levels of minors, that's why everything fits on one screen. No way to do that in the new game. However, I do not miss it, I can demote & promote players from anywhere using the right-click menu.
G) This has been fixed in 1.0.3, the development model there is very realistic as proven by several stduies by RonCo etc.
H) I would not call them horribly designed at all. The point you make is valid, but overall the league history is by far the best history system of any text-sim on the market. And IMO it does look pretty similar to baseball reference.
I) Agreed. Will be fixed

OOTP 2006 was a rough start, but a necessary overhaul was made that opens the door for a great future for the game. When you see OOTP 2007 you know what I mean.

A. How can scouting be more easy to use. It used to be I got ratings without doing anything. Now I have to do something. No way is it easier to use.

B. Trading was never good, but at least it could be done. You need a week and a half of real time to put together a trade now. Nothing like putting together offer after offer and getting nowhere.

D. If you believe that, then we'll have to agree to disagree, the AI sucks around roster building.

E. But you have the screen where you can put multiple levels in, if I could drag and drop from that screen it would be ok, but I can't even do that. And I can only play it with 3 levels of minors, because 5 drove me out of my mind.

G. Eh, I haven't played much since 1.0.3 - so maybe you are right, but you shouldn't need RonCo to tell you if it's fixed anyway.

H. Best history system combined with the worst presentation.
lynchjm24 is offline   Reply With Quote