View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 07:29 AM   #240
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Had something really cool happen last night. I'm still in the very early stages of my game, mostly getting acquainted with my players and staff, trying to get a few new players in to help Stevenage Borough maybe promote out of the National Conference in my first season there.

On my very first day on the job, I had asked my board to find a parent club to link with. Some of you may know my strong ties with Luton Town, with whom I've had a couple of very good careers in FM2005 and WSM2006. Well, woudln't you guess, the board comes back with three possible links. The first was Charlton, okay, not bad. The third one was Milton Keynes, hrm no thanks, I'd rather go with Charlton. The very cool thing was that the middle team there was good old Luton Town Hatters.

No need to tell ya, I said yes in a heartbeat They will pay us a little yearly fee and will play a friendly with us, of which we will keep the whole fee. Also, they have already arranged to send a right winger my way, simply waiting to hear if he'll accept. If he does, he will become our starting right winger, as he is much better than the scrap we have on board. Exciting times

FM