View Single Post
Old 10-30-2006, 08:50 AM   #185
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Let me play devil's advocate here, but iirc no quickstart for the MLS are given in the demo, right? Or at least not that I've seen in the last few releases.

Wouldn't that be something you would have benefited from, at least to give you a headstart for the first patch? I say headstart because I wouldn't expect you to correct it for release, as I know the gold demo is based on the same thing as the released game. Just some food for thoughts, not that I care all that much, as I usually don't play in the MLS...

The reason we only give out a few quickstarts with the demo is purely because each one has to go through seperate QA to the main game (as the demo exe is obviously different to the final CD based game).

This takes a considerable amount of time to do and thus we limit the demo quick starts to those which we believe most people will use (simply because our time is finite and we prefer to get the demo out before the game itself is released - this allows us to gain feedback from people prior to the games release and also allows users to make their minds up regarding purchasing the game in advance of it hitting retail).
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote