View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 03:20 AM   #139
Icy
Pro Starter

Just finished my first season with Newport Co in the Nationwide South (lowest UK division).

My board wanted me to avoid finishing last and at the half of the season we were 3rd and close to the first. After that, some injuries from my key players made us lose a lot of games so we ended 16th.

My board is so happy anyway and has just offered me a new 3 years contract and a raise but i'm a bit frustrated after the good run we had at first. For this new season i need to adjust my training plan and soften it towards end of the season to see if i can avoid injuries.

One of the nice things of FM is how the fans and media react at your accomplishments. At first my fans were so happy and the press saying that i was an excellent manager etc. Once we started to lose games and to go down in the table, the fans and media started to say that even being happy with not being last as we were expected, they were a bit pissed that we couldn't keep our nice run, as they were getting used to watch us win every week.

Stuff like this is what i would love to have in FOF for example, as the only way to see if you are doing well or not in FOF is going to the menu and to watch your franchise value growing or if you are winning titles, but nobody in the game universe is happy or pissed or praises or criticizes you. the kind of stuff helps a lot to the immersion factor and to make you feel into a real universe instead of just checking manually in a spreadsheet if your finances are better or not.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote