Thread: Car Buying Help
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2003, 01:56 AM   #1
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Car Buying Help

Alright, my Grand Prix was totalled a few weeks ago and I have been in the car market for a few weeks now. I've done a lot of research and a lot of browsing, and I finally brought home a 2001 VW Jetta GLX tonight for what I think to be a good price. However when we were filling out paperwork (I haven't actually purchased the vehicle yet becuase I am taking it to a dealership tomorrow to get it checked out) the salesman told me that he "just found out that VW manufacturer warranties are non-transferrable". This immediately set off a red flag for me and I didnt believe the guy for a second. I have an appointment with the dealership on Monday to finalize everything, make payment, etc and I told them I would consider their extended warranty over the weekend. What I was wondering was this: How can I confirm or deny what the salesperson said about the factory warranty? I've already decided that I will probably purchase an extended warranty from warranty direct, but I still want to know what I am entitled to from the manufacturer. Anybody got any idea on this?

mrsimperless is offline   Reply With Quote