View Single Post
Old 09-05-2006, 11:39 AM   #3767
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

OK, so I rarely follow soccer stuff, but I found the comments Materazzi made about what he said to Zidane to be funny, so I had to post about them. I know it's likely a cultural/language thing, but it's still humorous (to me)...

"We both spoke and I wasn't the first. I held his shirt but don't you think it is a provocation to say that 'if you want my shirt I will give it you afterwards'?

Um...no? Or if it is, it ain't much of one.

"I replied to Zidane that I would prefer his sister, that is true."

So...is he saying it's true that he said that, or is he saying that it is true that he would prefer the sister over the shirt? Because I have to say, if it's the latter, I'm with him.

"Thankfully there are tens of footballers who could confirm that much worse things are said on the field," added the Inter Milan defender.

Well! It's nice to know that of the millions of people who play football, there are 20 or 30 who could confirm that they've heard worse things said on the field.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 09-05-2006 at 11:39 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote