View Single Post
Old 05-08-2003, 10:20 PM   #13
kcchief19
Pro Starter

The tornado sterlingice referred to did indeed hit western Lawrence and took out some apartment buildings and duplexes where some students live. Hopefully he will be able to check in and let us know he is OK. Power just came back in some parts of Lawrence and the phone system is jacked, so if he is on dial-up he might not be able to get in.

The Lawrence tornado wasn't as bad as the one that hit KC Sunday. My county is currently estimating damages at more than $90 million, with the William Jewell College campus checking it at maybe $30 million or more alone.

I used to work at The Disney Store in college and two of the people who work there suffered serious damage to their homes. A friend who still works there told my girlfriend that the company's home base called to check on everyone and got the names of the two people who suffered damage. The next day, the company had each of them delivered a check for $5,000 to help cover damages. Parts of the Magic Kingdom may be evil, but that's pretty classy.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote