View Single Post
Old 05-08-2003, 04:16 PM   #4
mrskippy
Banned

Of the papers I'm sending resumes to, I'm trying to come up with a list with the ones I actually want to make a phone call on. I've sent to a good mix of papers, but really want to have something that would be at the same level I was at or a step up.

The most appealing right now seem to be Athens, Palm Springs, Yakima (Wash.) Herald-Republic, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin (Ontario, Calif.), Visalia (Calif.) Times-Delta, Fort Myers (Florida) News-Press, Naples (Florida) Daily News, Warren (Ohio) Tribune-Chronicle, Fresno (Calif.) Bee, Modesto (Calif.) Bee, The (Stockton, Calif.) Record, and the Bakersfield Californian.

There are others I've applied to, but these seem to be the most appealing. Modesto and Stockton papers keep me from moving. The other California papers keep me close to home.

But the keys for me are a decent wage, cheap rent, and a good-sized community (with easy access to the big city). Of course, I'm not sure what most of these papers even pay.

It's funny ... but if I make what I made before at some of these out of state papers ... I could have a nice living.
mrskippy is offline   Reply With Quote