View Single Post
Old 08-19-2006, 08:44 PM   #485
Ryan S
Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch
I work with an HSV fan, so I mentioned this to him. His reply was "Good, I've never liked him, he's a butcher" and "How much did we get? We might be able to get somebody good to replace him".

So that's not a hearty endorsement. Looks like he'll be a squad player at Chelsea rather than a week-in/week-out starter, I guess.

I was at the Hamburg SV v VFB Stuttgart game in February, and I remember that Stuttgart's first goal came from a botched clearance by Boulahrouz.

The second goal was more interesting. Rafael van der Vaart tried to pass back to the keeper, but forgot that the keeper had come up for the free kick....

Video here

That is when I found out that van der Vaart was not the quickest player in the world.

Other game notes:

I have no idea why the teams chose to wear such similar jerseys, early in the game it could be difficult to tell opposing players apart.

Thimothee Atouba played a truly dreadful game, every pass he made seemed to go to a Stuttgart player.

AOL Arena is by far the most impressive stadium I have visited. I don't think there is a bad seat in the house. The whole matchday experience was far beyond anything I have experienced in the UK and the tickets were very affordable.

Last edited by Ryan S : 08-19-2006 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Linked to english language video
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote