View Single Post
Old 08-18-2006, 01:18 PM   #468
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katon
MIJB, anything you can tell me about Boulahrouz? The only things I can remember about him are a) he's a fairly regular starter for the Dutch national team and b)he was involved in some kind of incident in the Portugal game (though this is really just equivalent to point a).
Boulahrouz to Chelsea? That's really awesome. Although, I have to admit, had he not been born and raised in my hometown, I would have cared a lot less.

I think Boulahrouz compares best to a Jaap Stam kind of defender. Physical strong, great header, probably even a lot faster. Get a copy of the Argentina-Netherlands game of the World Championships. Seriously, Boulahrouz was amazing that game. Additionally, he's a big role model for Dutch born Moroccans here.

Don't believe the spreaded 'used to be a striker' myth though. That's just a funny trivia thing. Back when he played at RKC Waalwijk, there was a huge injury problem with 5 or 6 strikers injured. The coach then (Martin Jol) put Boulahrouz in front to fill the void. He did okay there, but defending the house is definately his cuppa tea.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote