View Single Post
Old 08-06-2006, 09:08 PM   #354
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
Do people have a hard time grasping the "arguably" part of the phrase "arguably the best?"

I guess the problem I have with this is that when I hear someone say something like this, they are just throwing the arguably in to cover themselves. They obviously believe Chelsea is the best in the world or else they would have said "Chelsea is one of the best clubs in the world."

For what it's worth, I don't see Chelsea in the running for best in the world. Third or fourth, but not best. I would take Barcelona, Milan, or even Real Madrid (depending on how they were playing at the time) any time over Chelsea. And I really hate Milan and Real.

Chelsea has a lot of talent and they have more depth than anyone else, but does that make them the best in the world? They're the best in the Premiership, but they need to start winning other competitions. Aside from the Carling Cup two years ago, they haven't done as well as "the best club in the world" should do. Win the FA Cup and the Champions League, or at least get to some finals, and then they can carry the title of best in the world.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote