View Single Post
Old 08-06-2006, 01:56 PM   #339
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik
I'm pretty sure I heard him going on about how just because Chelski spends a lot of money on someone doesn't mean the player is any good. Was that what he was going on about, or did I just completely mishear him?

I literally have no idea where he was going with the statement he made. It didn't make too much sense to me.

Quote:
It was a nice win for the MLS squad, but it was obvious that Chelski wasn't anywhere near peak performance. And I really wish the ESPN announcers would have stopped with all the "Chelsea is arguably the best team in the world" nonsense. They might have the highest payroll in the world (not sure if that's true), but there's a little team in Barcelona that I hear is pretty good, and I don't know if you guys have heard or not, but AC Milan is not bad, either. Oh, and Real Madrid, too.

I don't think anyone is claiming this was an epic win for MLS. Not getting embarassed was the real goal. I don't think there is anything wrong with saying they are "arguably" the best. Yes, you're listing other teams that all could also be considered "arguably" the best. What are the announcers supposed to do? Not hype the matchup?

Quote:
I read that they're going to show Thursday night matches, which is great. Is this going to be in addition to Saturday?
Yes, in addition to Saturday.

Quote:
Also, with Toronto FC joining next year the MLS will have 13 teams. Are they going to keep the two conferences and just have one with seven teams, or is something else in the works?

The commish said 14 teams by 2008 at halftime, so I expect there will just be one larger conference next year before being evened out in 2008. I'd love to see them move to just one table eventually, but i'm not sure it'll ever happen in the US.

Last edited by cthomer5000 : 08-06-2006 at 01:57 PM.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote