View Single Post
Old 08-06-2006, 12:02 PM   #337
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

I turned on the MLS - Chelski match just in time to catch the halftime "show." If I wasn't a fan of the game, I would have turned it off right then. Ugh.

Anyway, once the second half started I was able to swallow again without fear of vomiting. That is until Alexi Lalas entered the booth. I liked him when he was a player, but I can't stand him now. I really wish he would shut up. Since I was jamming pencils in my ears in an attempt to rupture my eardrums, I missed most of what he was saying, but I'm pretty sure I heard him going on about how just because Chelski spends a lot of money on someone doesn't mean the player is any good. Was that what he was going on about, or did I just completely mishear him?

It was a nice win for the MLS squad, but it was obvious that Chelski wasn't anywhere near peak performance. And I really wish the ESPN announcers would have stopped with all the "Chelsea is arguably the best team in the world" nonsense. They might have the highest payroll in the world (not sure if that's true), but there's a little team in Barcelona that I hear is pretty good, and I don't know if you guys have heard or not, but AC Milan is not bad, either. Oh, and Real Madrid, too.

I know, ESPN is just trying to make the MLS look good, especially since they just signed that new TV deal. Speaking of which, I read that they're going to show Thursday night matches, which is great. Is this going to be in addition to Saturday?

Also, with Toronto FC joining next year the MLS will have 13 teams. Are they going to keep the two conferences and just have one with seven teams, or is something else in the works?
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote