Thread: ZFL Offseason
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2003, 11:47 AM   #10
revrew
Team Chaplain

Kiper's Draft Analysis
"Every year people ask, how did the teams do? Who had the best draft? Who had the worst? In the NFL, It takes about 3 or 4 years to answer that question fully, especially as players move from team to team. But in the ZFL, where rookies have such a sudden impact on their teams and the rosters are so limited, it makes it easier to see who really helped themselves and who should see results next year.

"The clear winner in this year's draft was Portland. There is no way OG Tim the Troll should have slipped down to #8. No, he should have gone #3 to Little Rock, and I look for Slick Willie GM Swaggs to kick himself over that one. But where Portland really shines is their incredible luck in bagging the best talent at just the positions they most needed it. Obviously, Tim the Troll was the best talent at #8, and the Sea Biscuits needed a OG. DE Trogdor the Burninator was a solid second rounder at a position Portland desperately needed, and frankly, I really like this MLB Sectoid Commander. Portland is now probably the most complete team top to bottom in the league.

"You've got to like what Knoxville did in the draft as well. Who cares what they lost later, trading up for QB "Thumbless" Bo Jackson gives them instant air power to go with their dominating run game. Knoxville will probably average over 30 points a game this year.

"Milwaukee is to be commended as well for gobbling up draft picks and selecting well. GM Dolphinfan couldn't have been happier to get the best overall back and the second-best halfback in the league to boost the Mighty Men Offense. I have my doubts about CB JeeberD, but the Muscle Men have addressed their poor running game, and addressed it well.

"The biggest loser in the draft had to be Little Rock, who got talent, sure, but not necessarily where they needed it most. OT Slapinski will be great, but like I said before, I think OG Tim the Troll would have been a better pick for the Slick Willies. MLB Stone Hammertoe is rough, and I'm not sure he's ready to handle the complex ZFL coverage assignments. Little Rock needed to come up big on defense, and, unfortunately, the draft didn't provide that this year."
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote