View Single Post
Old 05-07-2003, 11:29 AM   #488
bbor
Pro Starter

Cards...you are blowing this wayyyy out of preportion.

American hockey is VERY local.People in Dallas....do not tune in to watch Minnesota play...or Jersey....they tune in to watch Dallas play.

So...if 2 Canadian teams make the finals the NHL ratings on ABC would be close to Nil,.

In Canada.....if 2 Canadian teams...or just one for that matter makes the Cup final...the ratings in Canada would be huge(not as huge as if Toronto made it).

I think our countries have 2 different types of viewers.In Canada we are starved for hockey and will watch any hockey.We will cheer for a Canadian team over an American team because we are Canadian,Not because we hate Americans.

In America no one will watch a game unless it involves a local team....that does'nt happen here..hockey is hockey...it does'nt matter who is playing.

It has NOTHING to do with Anti-Americanism...it has everything to do with Hockey.We don't like people messing with our Saturday noght tradition....much like Americans don't want anyone screwing with their Sunday afternoon traditions or Monday nights for that matter.

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote