Thread: ZFL Offseason
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2003, 09:11 PM   #5
DolphinFan1
College Benchwarmer

1. As I update rosters, would you like the rest of the GMs to know which drafted players are disappointments in training camp and which are sleeper surprises? Or do you want to keep that information to yourself?

I like the idea Coffee Warlord had. Only 1st rounders should be detailed publicly. Let the 2nd and 3rd rounders stay hidden to everyone.

2. Would you like the graded rosters (that which I have PMd to you) made public, or continue to remain private?

Again, I like this private. That made the draft day trades secret with people offering players and all the GMs not aware of each others ratings. We don't want this too open. We have to have some element of surprise, don't we?

3. Regarding expansion...it would be possible next year. This will require some discussion and decisions, for which I'd like your input. We need some proposals for how many teams (there are at least 4 interested right now) we can expand, how many to protect from expansion draft, and whether or not the league is ready for that or not. I'm not sure how many we can mathematically handle (is 4 too many? Not enough league players to go around? Somebody do the math).

Table this so everyone can think about it. There are many ways to do it. We just have to find the best and easiest for our Commissioner.

4. IF we expand at the end of this year, should we continue the round-robin schedule (lengthening the season), keep the 9 week season (meaning some teams won't play other teams), or bust it into two conferences and introduce playoffs? Keep in mind, that two teams playing one another will always result in the same score. If we split into two leagues, we would greatly reduce the length of the season, with each team playing as few as 5 games (if we expand by 2)!!

Continue round robin with no split on division. We need more games than 5 if we expand.

I am on a quest to show that the Dolphins can win the Super Bowl. Or should I say Front Office Bowl, with FOF2K7.

The revival of an old favorite, FOFC Wrestling Dynasty
DolphinFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote