Thread: ZFL Offseason
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2003, 07:41 PM   #1
revrew
Team Chaplain

Question ZFL Offseason

With the draft completed, I have some work to do, updating rosters and starting the next season. But I have some questions for our participants. Vote if need be:

1. As I update rosters, would you like the rest of the GMs to know which drafted players are disappointments in training camp and which are sleeper surprises? Or do you want to keep that information to yourself?

2. Would you like the graded rosters (that which I have PMd to you) made public, or continue to remain private?

3. Regarding expansion...it would be possible next year. This will require some discussion and decisions, for which I'd like your input. We need some proposals for how many teams (there are at least 4 interested right now) we can expand, how many to protect from expansion draft, and whether or not the league is ready for that or not. I'm not sure how many we can mathematically handle (is 4 too many? Not enough league players to go around? Somebody do the math).

4. IF we expand at the end of this year, should we continue the round-robin schedule (lengthening the season), keep the 9 week season (meaning some teams won't play other teams), or bust it into two conferences and introduce playoffs? Keep in mind, that two teams playing one another will always result in the same score. If we split into two leagues, we would greatly reduce the length of the season, with each team playing as few as 5 games (if we expand by 2)!!

Whilst I'm busy updating the rosters, kindly discuss amongst yourselves...
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.

revrew is offline   Reply With Quote