View Single Post
Old 07-24-2006, 05:18 AM   #85
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealmighty
One could argue that every Tour de France as teams are almost never comprised of one nationality. You could cut up the World Cup into parts sometimes, for that matter, as players come from all over to play for a country, like Camoranesi, who is from Argentina I believe (or Adu maybe, eventually, etc...). One could argue all sorts of things, but an American won for the 8th time straight, that's all I meant.
Cycling is a team sport, in which nationality amongst the riders just isn't an important thing. It's nine riders versus about 20 other teams of nine riders. In the end, a Swiss company took the victory home.

Still, it's okay to be proud about a fellow countryman achieving something. I'd probably be proud too had a Dutchman won, but you got to seperate for whom he won, he won for the team and for himself. If you want to win for your country, go ahead, there's the world championships later on in the season.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote