View Single Post
Old 07-20-2006, 02:30 PM   #51
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch
So Landis is a strong time trialer and is now the heavy favorite to win the Tour?
Yes, but I wouldn't say it's such a sure thing Floyd Landis will beat Oscar Pereiro and Carlos Sastre. The last time-trial of Le Tour de France always ends up being somewhat unpredictable. Even fourth placed Andreas Kloden could still be a darkhorse for the top3, and with that immediately for the final victory, as the top3 riders are within 40 seconds of each other.

Amazing turn of event. First Landis claims he knows what he's doing, giving Pereiro the yellow jersey and 30 minutes back from his loss, expecting Pereiro to lose 10 mins on him. Next he turns out being the one losing almost 10 minutes, being paid back for his own arrogance. Then, Landis attacks and all the guys behind him do the same thing, underestimating a guy with a pretty equal, Tour de France resume. Great comeback, most impresive one I've seem in the 14 Tours I watched. But I kinda see Pereiro's comeback from 30 minutes down as the more amazing achievement, especially given that Sastre's teammate Jens Voigt helped Pereiro to achieve it.

MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote