View Single Post
Old 05-06-2003, 09:28 AM   #151
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Never play drunken soccer...

15974 spectators had come to Fighting Crawfish Arena this cloudy day. Fighting started off with a 4-5-1 lineup. The following players stumbled drunk out to the field: Holt - Meldi, de Oliveira, Gorostarzu, Simic - Uddstad, Danielsson, Kline, Woodson, Rossi - Rannem .

Cheesecake had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Buckley - Sanford, Nilsson, Günzel - Schroeder, Pilgram, Hjortner, From Nielsen, Fraza - Hartbom, Páger.

Cheesecake took the lead in the games 16:th minute with 0 - 1 after some elegant plays down the middle. Ronny Hartbom was the scorer as he scored on a passed out Tommy Holt. Tommy Holt was later revived, but not before a combination in the middle resulted in a through ball for Tommy Joe Sanford who increased Cheesecake´s lead to 0 - 2. After 24 minutes Fighting´s Lars-Olof "Chris Gaines" Uddstad began puking everywhere on the field, but could finish the game. Cheesecake increased the lead to 0 - 3 as Ronny Hartbom scored from the penalty spot, putting the ball in near the top left corner. The structure of the game started to change as Cheesecake decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone where the smell of puke was not as bad. In the 26:th minute Fightings "I am a big fire breathing" Dragan Simic received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first and then placing a Crawfish on a refs sack in celebration! 27 minutes into the game Skip Schroeder had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury after a tight pinch on his sack from a Crawfish. In came Mikhail Gusev. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 3. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Cheesecake, with an impressive 56 percent possession of the ball.

Ronny Hartbom came close to extending the visitors lead as he, completely unmarked in front of the goal, lifted a ball over Tommy Holt, who was still trying to finish his halftime drink, hitting the bar. The game had been on for 65 minutes when Stefan Hjortner broke through to the right, upping the score to the home crowd´s dismay. Free beer was then handed out and the people didn't care as much. Cheesecake´s were up 0 - 4. Cheesecake came close to extending their lead as Ronny Hartbom delivered a long range shot from the right but the angle was to sharp, and the shot hit the side of the goal waking Tommy Holt from his drunken sleep. Cheesecakes Andre From Nielsen got himself booked after a foul. Cheesecake made a substitution in the 84:th minute. Hylke Fraza limped off the field and was replaced by Marvin Stefan Mackel after a beer bottle from the crowd drilled him in the head. Almost all the way down to the corner flag Marvin Stefan Mackel somhow managed to get a perfect pass into the middle, impossible to miss for Zsolt Páger who struck for 0 - 5. Cheesecake held the ball, with a clear 66 percent possession rate.

Fighting´s best player was Tommy Holt. However, Christian Rossi made a disastrous appearance as he actually never made it to the field and nearly died on his own puke. Most important Cheesecake player was Barend Pilgram. Marvin Stefan Mackel on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 0 - 5.

The Aftermath...

Well, I guess I thought it would be closer, but their passable midfield just crushed me. I tried a 4-5-1 and it failed me, I gave up 5 goals and had 0 scoring chances...anyway, screw it.

The Square Pegs come to play a "friendly"...Yumm...square peg players sacks sound good to Crawfish...