View Single Post
Old 07-16-2006, 12:54 PM   #3763
Katon
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkiller
You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.
You are so far away from the action and the reality of it that it is useless for me to continue this.

Slight modification, then: his form at major tournaments is not the best argument for him. At least, not if you're putting him on the Pele/Maradona/Cruyff/Beckenbauer level, which is what you did initially that started this argument. He's got one terrific tournament (Euro 2000) and three great WC matches. Everyone else in that discussion has a tournament at least as good as Euro 2000 and was better at their other major tournaments than Zidane was at the World Cup (well, not Di Stefano, but then his international form isn't the argument for him either).

If you're just arguing that he's the best of the era, then yes, Euro 2000 is pretty damn nice. But I haven't really been disputing that. I'll take Ronaldo personally, but I'd rate Zidane second and he's got a good enough claim to #1 that I'm not going to argue the point.

Out of curiosity, what is it that Zidane did at international level that you think I'm missing? Is it a WC match other than Brazil*2 and Spain, or something he did during qualifying (which I honestly have no idea about).
Katon is offline   Reply With Quote