View Single Post
Old 07-14-2006, 01:01 PM   #312
Terps
College Prospect

Dola,

Sounds like good feedback on the 360 version so far. Here's some random impressions for those not signed up over there:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully
Just played a game...Florida St @ Auburn. I won 35-24. Cox threw 4 picks. Weatherford was 14-24 for 190, and 3 scores.

Some initial impressions:

This definitely isn't the demo. The game feels much more polished. While I thought the players flew all over the field in the demo, that's not the case in the retail version. There's some weight to the players. While it may not be much, it's still noticeable. DL and LB's will plow right through a RB/QB/WR if they've got the momentum. Same goes for a RB, they'll plow right through a DB caught flat-footed.

I was controlling the play early against Auburn, and had the crowd silent. An Auburn CB jumps an out pattern, and the crowd erupts as soon as the ball touches his hands. He takes it back the other way for 6, switching the ball to the outside as he raced down the sideline.

The new RB animations are sweet. It's awesome watching your RB fight for yardage, or break a tackle.

Weatherford and Cox were all over the field in the first half with their passes. Overthrowing by 5 yards, underthrowing and nailing their receivers in the shins...you name it.

Corner routes are far from money. If the receiver has a step, and the ball is laid in there perfectly, chances are you'll catch it. However, that's easier said than done. Rarely did my QB put the ball where I wanted him to.

Terps is offline   Reply With Quote