View Single Post
Old 07-14-2006, 11:05 AM   #74
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch
I'm going Vieira to Man Utd, they've been linked with Gattuso with nothing happening so I'm betting they are holding off for somebody else. And that somebody must be Vieira.

Buffon stays in Italy, his wife is a celeb there so uprooting would be difficult. Not sure who.

Ibrahmovich to Bayern Munich. They're in the market for a striker, been linked strangely with van Nisterooy. It looks like van Nistelrooy will end up in Spain, so they'll go for Ibrahimovich instead. The knockon will be Pizarro moving on, but since HSV seem to have dropped out now they've nearly tied up Baros, I don't know where he'll go.

Nedved and Cannavaro, not idea.

I love this part of the season, pre-season friendlies kicking off (Man Utd v Orlando Pirates on Setanta tomorrow morning) and the transfers hotting up.
I can't see Paddy going to another English team, especially Manchester United.

I also can't see Buffon or any of the Italy national team players leaving the country. If I recall correctly, Cannavaro said before the World Cup that he would have no problem staying with them even if they get relegated. At MOST, I'm guessing they loan out to another Italian team for the next year (or two) until they come back to Serie A.

Nedved would be an interesting one to follow but is there really any major team looking to strengthen there? There's ALWAYS room for yet another world class player at Stamford Bridge, of course . . . Hi, Shaun! And, obviously, there's no such thing as having enough attackers at Estadio Santiago Bernabéu. Anyone else, though?
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote