View Single Post
Old 05-04-2003, 11:10 PM   #169
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Spent an hour tonight reading some of the Avlis forum threads. Some interesting discussions over there, especially for someone who hasn't played any pen & paper roleplaying. One of the things that I kept running into is the idea of truly "roleplaying" your character, in other words, playing your game character in line with his/her stats, alignment, and attributes, and not just wandering around playing as yourself.

I was wondering, how much does everyone here try to truly "roleplay" their character?

One of the discussions that I found interesting in this regard was about roleplaying intelligence, charisma, and wisdom. On example (taken from the the thread that I linked to at the bottom of this post):

If you character is a moron, but you the player, see a solution to a problem before other members of your party do, do you solve the problem for your party? The basic idea is that while you as a player may have made an insight into how to solve the problem, there is little likelihood that your character would, and if you solve the problem for your party, you are "playing out of character".

Interesting stuff, for a newbie, and I was curious as to how everyone else is approaching the concept.

This will take you to the Discussion on Role-Playing Wisdom, Intelligence, Charisma

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 05-04-2003 at 11:12 PM.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote