View Single Post
Old 06-24-2006, 09:02 PM   #14
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

PureSim is a great game IMO. Not perfect by any means, no game is. But it is the first baseball sim I have become addicted to, in some ways like I did FOF and FBCB, although perhaps a touch less.

Not sure about the comment above about the AI in solo player. I am in what is now a 26 year career, simming the first 10 years to get a bit of history since it was all fictional and started in 1902. I made my Ottawa team into a powerhouse over a few years, and went on to win several World Series, all against the powerhouse of the other league, Buffalo. I won my first, missed the playoffs the year after, then won 3 in a row. Lost one to Buffalo, then won another.

After this run of Ottawa vs. Buffalo World Series, I decided it was time to expand the league and split each league into two divisions. I took over an expansion team, Little Rock. What made me happy was that Ottawa continued to win. Usually the computer would screw up a team like that, but they kept rolling, winning two more titles before I knocked them off with my Little Rock team in the playoffs. Meanwhile, my team is struggling a bit now to get back to the playoffs. Building up this team has been harder then it was with Ottawa for some reason.

The stats are pretty good, enough for me to be happy I think as it has improved with the beta patches.

Crap, I rambled. Anyways, this is te first PureSim I have played and I think it is a good way to go if you want a baseball sim.