View Single Post
Old 06-23-2006, 09:45 AM   #95
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca

Unrelated question for all you married guys (especially with kids) - when do you guys get to play?! Do you send the wife off to the other room while you bogart the TV and play? I find I can only really play any of these games on my PSP...but I just wish that the XBOX 360 and the PS3 develop portable systems that are true portable versions of the main system. It would help developers and it would also help the end-user as they feature set more than likely would not be a dumbed-down version of the original.

Here's my personal strategy: I only hook the Tivo up to the upstairs televisions, and make sure I record Oprah and all the girlie shows up there for my wife. That way she has an incentive to watch the upstairs televisions (note the big screen is downstairs in the basement). To further the plot, I made sure I have the most complicated remote ever on the big screen so that she gets frustrated should she actually try to turn it on and watch something. Combined, that basically ensures she is watching television upstairs.

Put the kid to bed at 8pm. Make a mention to my wife that I heard the Oprah show today was really insightful .. and then while she runs off to catch the Tivo'd show I mumble something about doing some work in the garage and sneak off to the basement to play on the big screen. Works every time.

Last edited by moriarty : 06-23-2006 at 09:46 AM.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote