View Single Post
Old 06-20-2006, 08:37 AM   #1315
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Go Canes Go!

Watching how much support the team gets down here, I have no doubt that they belong here. It's good for the team, and it's good for hockey. That said, I feel for any region that loses its team. If I were king of the world, there would be no relocation in any major sports. So I can see where the "the Canes belong in Hartford" sentiment derives.

There does, however, seem to be a real sense among people that "The Canes belong in Hartford"--even more so than for other relocated teams. Why is that? Is it because Hartford is close to ESPN headquarters? Were they seen as loveable losers before they left? Were there "issues" around them leaving? Do hockey fans just hate any region below Washington D.C.? Or is there really no difference and I am just perceiving it more because I follow the Canes?

Forgive these possibly ignorant questions, but I just didn't follow hockey before the Canes moved here--so I have no sense of Hartford's history. I guess that I am one of the new fans that they managed to attract with relocation.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 06-20-2006 at 08:38 AM.
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote