View Single Post
Old 06-01-2006, 10:09 PM   #407
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril
This is odd since I thought the engine was rewritten and wasn't using the code base my mistake I guess. Anyways, this is one reason, the vast difference between baseball in the MLB (US) and soccer in Europe as it relates to interaction among teams and leagues. In Europe as with most things there is a "free" flow of talent across national borders from different teams and leagues. In the Major Leagues, many players come from the Domincan Republic/PR, some from Cuba , a few out of Venezuala and Columbia plus about 20 players from Japan/Korea. That's it. There shouldn't be 150 players from Italy showing up in the Majors or MLB minors for that matter.
After reading Bee's comment, I thought a more eloquent way of expressing my observation wa to address the way teams interact from one league to another. Based on my limited impression of soccer, my feeling is that the way teams behave in OOTP2k6 is more similar to the way teams interact in FM and even real life soccer than they do in real life MLB.

I haven't ready a lot about the "vision" of OOTP. It's quite possible that this is exactly how Markus et al. intended it to work and were not intending to mirror real life Major League Baseball.

I rarely take at face value a claim that sim engine has been completely rewritten. There are plenty of elements of this version of the game that seem to have ancestry in either earlier versions of OOTP or other SI games, including look and feel and game design. However, I think it's interesting that the game seems to have more in common with 6.13 than 6.5 -- features like 7-day lineups and the expanded almanac with things like the milestone list didn't make it over. That seems odd to me, since those features seemed to be enthusiastically well received in 6.5.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote