View Single Post
Old 06-01-2006, 05:40 PM   #334
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF
Josh,

I ran a few offers by the CPU yesterday, tried to fleece some GM's. Almost everytime, they told me they'd listen and then told me to go to hell after I offered the trade.

Troy,

I didn't mean to imply that he'd accept any of the weird offers. I just thought it strange that he'd listen to an offer, for example, of $350k per for four years (he promptly told me to go die in a fire when I offered it), but he wouldn't even listen to $3.35m, $4.35m, $5.35m, $6.35m as a 4 year deal.

As I speculated, he did listen to a deal with $1m escalators that started at $6.35m for year one. I also threw in some incentives ($1m for every year he has 800 plate appearances, $1.5m for each MVP award), and he ended up taking the deal.

I am concerned that a player as good as my scout thinks he is wasn't receiving any offers in January - which is traditionally the free agent period anyway. I've also signed a couple quality (YOUNG) pitchers. One or two are good enough for the pros, a third is going to be a high profile prospect in my farm system.

I don't know if the computer GMs are being that active on the free agent market in January.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote