View Single Post
Old 06-01-2006, 05:26 PM   #328
Dekanth
Mascot

My 2 cents:

I share the interface concerns with most people here. It is really very poorly designed, of course I hate the FM UI as well, gave it a month and quit because of it and because soccer is stupid.

Simple is better when it comes to text sims, or at least having the option to make things simple. It is great that there is so much detail for the people who like to dig into what your backup OF's numbers are with runners on 1st and 3rd. For me, I would like to be able to look at my AAA roster, quickly be able to tell who deserves a shot at the ML level to replace my MR who is sporting a 7.80 ERA in Mid-June. That's not happening right now.

Further problems noticed immediatly after a couple hours on it....I set up a 16 team fictional league, with 3 levels of minors. Ran the Japan league with no minors and for some strange reason set up a independant AAA league in my home state (not connected to my fictional league).

First off, towards the end of January I looked at the FA list and found 2 superstars from Japan who signed 1 year deals for a few hundred thousand dollars each. They are 2 of my top 4 positional players. Not good.

I also decided to look at that regional AAA league in June. Found a tremendous starter with a 16 million dollar salary. I traded my mediocre 3rd starter and my nice closer who just took a huge potentials hit to this team for their ace (the ace of the league in fact) and 10 million dollars. So basically, they traded him to me and ate most of his contract for this year to get a mediocre starter and a good but not great closer? I think the problem is that major league type players and salaries were created for this supposedly minor league league and the computer looks at these players that way, but they are not (if that makes any sense).

I see potential, I doubt it will ever be fully tapped. I would have been much happier with OOTP7 and a shored up engine and AI. Oh well, live and learn.
Dekanth is offline   Reply With Quote