View Single Post
Old 06-01-2006, 04:44 PM   #316
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrosfan64
One thing I don't understand about the interface complaints. What is the basis of your argument that the FM interface is not solid or well thought out?

FM is the largest text based simmulation in the world. EHM is the second largest simmulation in the world. OOTP is the third largest simmulation in the world.

All of these share a common interface scheme. This scheme is very well implemented and works quite well. Those of you that are complaining about the interface, need to give it a few weeks before you make a decision.

I can't name one interface that is any better then these above.

Many of us have given many weeks to the FM interface (and earlier variations) and have never found it works well for them. The slowness of the game compounds the interface problem for many people. There is also a lot of clicking to do certain things. For me (and a few others here I know of), a game like Baseball Mogul or Fast Break College Basketball has a much better interface. Those games use simple, streamlined screens to convey a lot of information. FM uses big fonts and graphics that often clutter things up. So, it really isn't for lack of trying that many here don't like the FM interface.