View Single Post
Old 06-01-2006, 10:03 AM   #259
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer
But I think as with nearly all other the games, people will get used to it after a few weeks or so. Right now it's the learning curve that's throwing people off, esp. those expecting to jump right in like with previous versions. Four months from now I doubt you'll hear any issues about the interface since it will become intuitive by then and will be getting into the core of how the game runs. That is not to say that the interface is good (just like FOF's interface is not good) but it will become easy to use once they get into it. With complexity, which is what everyone seems to want, comes a more complex gameplay and user interface.

If the program itself is solid, people will find ways to adapt to ANY interface.

You have that part exactly right. I expect by this weekend, I'll be comfortable with the interface, even if there are things I don't like about it. What we'll get to then is what is really important.

It's why I wanted to highlight the trade goseahawks posted. That issue is far more pressing than any UI function is. I'll fight my way around the interface if there is a reward. If the reward is watching triple crown threats traded for MR? Not so much.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote