View Single Post
Old 05-31-2006, 11:04 PM   #179
GabeRivers
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper
oh i figured it out. need to go to manager homepage, then select 'play in commissioner mode', then go to the 'available jobs' screen

I struggled with this for awhile, too. I wanted to sim multiple seasons before i started managing, but the game has you create a manager from the start. I don't recall whether I picked this up from the extensive guide, the shorter manual, or someone's post at the OOTP forums, but I've landed on a good approach -- at least for me.

You can easily set up multiple managers. Set up your first manager as the commissioner, with no team. Sim through as many seasons as you want before starting your managing career.

Then create a new manager, the one you want to be your active manager (actually, it appears that you can create as many of these as you want, and you can cycle thru them as you wish). When you create the new manager, you have the opportunity to assign him to manage any team you want, without making him a commissioner.

Anytime you want to edit in commissioner mode, you simply cycle to the original manager (the commissioner).

As far as the game goes, I think "overwhelming" is an apt description. The trading situation is almost a deal killer for me -- but the jury is still out, and I'm going to press on for now.
GabeRivers is offline   Reply With Quote