View Single Post
Old 05-31-2006, 10:28 PM   #166
TroyF
Coordinator

I'm not even going to try to get into the AI tonight. My plan is to put my 100 year sim up and let everyone else go through it at the same time I get to do so.

Some initial thoughts on the game itself:

1) Overwhelmed. I think I've probably said that to myself 10 or 12 times in the two hours I've played around with the game. You can literally get lost in all of the options, stats, screens. . . it's utterly amazing the way this thing is layed out. I'm still getting used to it, but I like it a lot. For those who hate the FM interface? Don't even bother with this. You'll spend 10 minutes looking dumbfounded at the screen and go insane.

2) I don't like the new trade interface. There should be a trade block in every sports game.

3) I have to play around more, but I didn't see an option that would let me watch a game straight through, without clicking a button. I like to watch the occasional game, I'd like to be able to do it without having to click the mouse 100+ times in a game.

4) That said, the different ways to watch a game are outstanding. The "web" based interface is incredible. It gives you the location and speed of each pitch. Very nicely done.

5) Have I mentioned that I've felt overwhelmed a couple of times? I love stats. Love them. I love options. This is insanity. (that's a good thing)

6) The game is super, duper fast.

---------------------------------------------------------

If the AI from those reports shows up and is a letdown, this will be a major dissapointment. The game has a ton going for it. I could see myself getting lost in it like no other game in recent memory.

***Sigh*** Look at what I just wrote up there? I'm setting myelf up to be left to die on Mt. Everest with the FOFC faithful laughing at me as it happens.

Well, more impressions tomorrow (along with the reports tomorrow night)

I'm going to play the game some more before I start noticing bugs and get ticked off.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote