View Single Post
Old 05-31-2006, 02:48 PM   #89
SackAttack
Head Coach

Augh.

I lost my network connection on my laptop about two minutes after getting licensed. What that has meant is that I've been able to play, but not been able to get access to the Internet to post about things I've seen.

Even better, this computer is on the same network, but can't detect the other one, so I can't upload and post screenshots of some of the really weird stuff.

Just a couple notes off the top of my head before I go back and try to fix my network issues.

1) I had a reliever get credited with both the win and the save. I've only seen it happen once, but he was the pitcher of record when the game's lone run scored in the bottom of the 12th inning, AND he pitched 3 innings of relief, so the game might be tracking both things. That normally wouldn't come up is my guess.

2) You can only put players on the disabled list if you're the parent franchise. Probably as it should be, but I had a couple of injuries in an A-ball career beyond two weeks where, well, I had to live with it, because the parent franchise wasn't inclined to do anything about the injuries.

3) "Send Forced"? Cooooool. Pitch-by-pitch mode as an option? Coooooool. Six hits of combined offense in 12 innings because the game appears to be treating the ratings of minor leaguers as major league equivalencies (i.e. contact of '4' sucks ass even though, well, he's a 19 y/o in Rookie ball)? That's...not so cool.

3) Has anybody yet figured out how, when starting a league, to 'lock' the team nicknames in so that when you choose a particular league, you don't have to rename the teams each time?
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote