View Single Post
Old 05-31-2006, 01:43 PM   #70
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

From Todd at the sportsblog: a tad encouraging

Quote:
Quickie OOTP Notes

Okay, I spent my lunch hour with OOTP. Here is what I've learned: If you move very quickly, you might be able to read all of the league creation options available to you. Not change them. Not understand them all. Just observe them all and go, "Uh. Wow that's a lot a stuff and, er... stuff, man."

It's simply overwhelming. Hopefully all this stuff works. A few other observations:

On Importing Leagues:
- Importing a leage takes just a minute or two, at least to get it to show in the league creation screen. Actual league creation once you clicke the "Start Game" (ie - create new league) takes a few minutes (less than 5 on my underpowered laptop).
- Logos don't appear to import
- Fielding stats don't import, but hitting and pitching stats do.
- Year-end player awards (gold glove, MVP, etc.) import
- Team histories (including League Champions) don't appear to import (that seems odd to me)
- Because you import leagues into the league creation screen first, it's actually possible to make your existing OOTP league a separate minor or world league within a larger world baseball framework. For instance I could replace the AAA baseball setup for a conventional Major League Baseball scenario with the New City Baseball League that Bill ran and I was in. (I'm not sure why you'd want to do this, but it's cool that you can.)

One special note for Vista users: If you try to run this game in Windows Vista Beta 2, you must select to run the program as an Administrator. If you don't, nothing happens when you activiate the game's icon. (To do this, right-click the game's icon and select Run as Administrator. You can also permanently set this option from its Properties dialog box.) I expect that at best, this will apply to maybe one of you reading the blog, but hey, it's worth noting. (Btw - I really, really, like the Beta 2 build of Vista. Very stable.)

More to come!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote