View Single Post
Old 05-25-2006, 06:12 PM   #31
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
WVU, what does being the Pitboss entail?

was there a mod you have to download, and is your computer the persistant server, therfore having to be running the game at all times?

just wondering....depending on the details, i might be able to set a game up on my desktop

It's actually really easy. Download the Pitboss client (it's on the Firaxis site -- I'll see if I can't get the link for you if you want, and upzip it into your Civ4 Folder. Insert your original CD, and start up the Pitboss.exe file. The program is made and released by Firaxis, so it's completely compatable.

You actually set up the game from the Pitboss screen, from entering in your SMTP server info to how the game is set up. If you have an existing PBEM game, you can convert it to Pitboss, but otherwise, just follow the instructions on the screen.

The Pitboss file has to remain open at all times, so your CPU in essense becomes the server the game is hosted on, but it's a miniscule file, so for me it's no problem.

Like i said, if you're interested, I can get you the file. If I can set it up, anyone can.

Last edited by WVUFAN : 05-25-2006 at 06:16 PM.
WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote