View Single Post
Old 05-25-2006, 09:55 AM   #1
WVUFAN
College Starter

Pitboss Civilization 4 -- RESTART!

I've set up a Pitboss game, for those that are interested in it. It's considered an IP game (so it would be private), with 24 hour time limits on turns. What I need now is to find out if it works. :-)

So ... no one needs to download Pitboss, just connect to the game and play your turn.

Pitboss is a persistant PBEM server that allows you to play your turn and not have to wait on an emailed folder, and no one has to play in order -- so, come on anytime, play your turn and the next day, they'll be another turn to play. This makes for a MUCH faster game, and new players can come in (with permission from the group) and sub for missing/unavailable players at any time. I have 24 hour limits turned on, so if you don't play your turn in 24 hours, you're basically skipped. You continue to research, and continue to build if you have items in your queue, but you won't do anything else.

Large games can be played this way, since the turns will go after 24 hours regardless. What I need now is people to try this out and see if it works.

I'm looking for a maximum of 10 people to join.

How to join:

Go to your Civ 4 game, choose "Multiplayer" then "Direct IP", The game name is FOFC Dominion, and my IP is 24.239.76.92

Then choose your leader and play your turn. You can have email notifications sent to you when a new turn comes up if you want, but you don't have to. Simply log on every day and play the next turn. If there's someone else on at the same time as you, you can even chat with them, but again, this is in every way like a PBEM game, only you don't have to wait your turn. Give it a try.

Last edited by WVUFAN : 05-26-2006 at 10:55 AM.
WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote