View Single Post
Old 04-30-2003, 04:15 PM   #144
Thomkal
Head Coach

:::bashes head against computer:::

Well I got to play a little bit with Avlis this morning, for an hour or so.

I went back this afternoon to try again, saw that the server was down, and tried another one. Created a character clicked play and the first area loaded...and then the screen went blank and it sounded like the monitor restarted or something. Waited a minute or two, nothing happened, so CTRL-ALT-Deleted to get Task Manager up. Said NWN was non-responsive. Closed it up, and watched the graphics turn to about 640 X 480 resolution with really bad colors. Had to restart system to get it right again.

Avlis was back up at this time, so I tried to log in there. Same problem, get to where the first area is being loaded and screen goes blank. Was able to get into the single-player game without a problem though I didn't try to change areas. I may have fiddled with video options and controls this morning, but I had done so in the past with no problems. Tried to reset them to what I remembered them being before and still crashing.

Checked the support forums and saw a bunch of people having problems even though the game has been out a long time. Tried a couple things suggested there like turning off sound, making sure to have the same resolution and monitor refresh rate in game as when I'm outside game. No deal. Monitor refresh rate is at its lowest setting I noticed, don't know if that's a problem or not.

Anybody have any ideas? I guess it was nice playing Avlis for an hour...